All brides want to look amazing on their Wedding Day, but we all know that the secret to a polished, eye-popping look is good planning. Lucy Hockey, owner of Lucy Hockey Hair Studio in Abergavenny, gives brides-to-be some essential advice about how best to plan and organise their Big Day hairdo.
- Plan things out well in advance. Book your trial at least a month before the date of the wedding to allow sufficient time for you and your stylist to iron out any issues.
- Get plenty of hairstyle photos from magazines and online in order to find a do that will suit you. Keeping a Pinterest board or Facebook album of snapshots will provide your hairdresser with guidance about the style you’re after which, in turn, will help them guide you about what is realistic and achievable for your own hair.
- When thinking about a wedding day hairstyle, think about the style of your wedding dress. A formal, elegant dress for example, suggests a similar hairstyle that will echo the look.
- Don’t forget to take any accessories (veil, combs etc) that you plan to wear on your wedding day with you to your trial appointment. This will enable you and your stylist to experiment with them and see what works best.
- Don’t feel restricted by your current hairdo when thinking about the hairstyle you’d like on your wedding day. Remember that hair pieces and extensions can be added to increase volume and length and to completely change your look.
- Be guided by your stylist about how to best care for your hair prior to your wedding day. Some stylists advise not to wash your hair the night before your wedding. However, all hair is different, and some clients may need to have their hair washed on the day to fit with their ‘do.’ Let your stylist guide your way!
Lucy Hockey Hair Studio is located on Hereford Road, Mardy, Abergavenny. Telephone: 01873 859300
Article by Lucy Hockey