It’s that time of year again! Totally Locally Crickhowell have organised a ‘Tenner Trail’ in support of the town’s Walking Festival which takes place from 28th February to 8th March.
Forty six of Crickhowell’s independent shops, businesses and artisans have created £10 deals which will be available during this period, ranging from lunches, cream teas, high street goods, gifts and services – the offerings are incredibly varied, ensuring that everyone really can grab a bargain. The trail also gives you the opportunity to try something new.
So why specifically a £10 deal? Well, there’s a bit of maths that says if you spend £10 in a local shop that sells stuff from local producers, the amount of money that goes back into Crickhowell’s economy can total over £50! Local independent businesses are also far more likely to use other local firms than any of the big national giants – it’s what makes them tick and they know the true value of keeping it “Totally Locally”. It’s also a lot easier!
The more everyone spends within our area the stronger our economy grows, which means more jobs, better facilities, a vibrant town centre and a nicer place for us all to live. If you compare this with buying online and outside the area – where none of the money comes back into the Crickhowell economy – it really seems to make sense. Add to this a smaller impact on the environment due to less transportation, and you have good reasons for keeping your purchasing Totally Locally.
Only by following the money trail do you get a true sense of the knock-on effects of buying Totally Locally Crickhowell. It takes you in all kinds of directions, ping-ponging from groceries and clothing, to tradesmen and accountants – each time adding to our economy. The trail is staggering.
Tenner trail deal flyers can be picked up from Crickhowell Resource & Information Centre (CRiC) or from retailers and businesses throughout the town. You can also download and print a copy of the Tenner Trail map by clicking here – which tells you where to find all the fabulous deals. Below, we have listed all the tenner trail deals available within the town. With such a variety on offer, there’s bound to be something there to tempt you. So go on, get down to Crickhowell and get spending those tenners!
Download the Map
The £10 OFFERS
The Focus is proud to present our advertisers’ special £10 deals
The Manor Hotel
Soup and main meal
Bridge Therapies: Dr Richard Birch
20 minute accupuncture taster session Tel: 07758 507107
Survival kit to include: Longtown Mountain Rescue calendar, glow stick, whistle & pack of coffee.
The Bear Hotel
2 course lunch between 12-2pm. (excludes Sundays)
Any 2 Julia Donaldson paperbacks, (usually £6.99 each).
Kevin Walker Mountain Activities
Try one of my new ‘Sunday constitutional’ walks for just £10 per person, (usually £20).
…And here are the offers in full.
(All deals cost £10 except where specified.)
- Cwcw 2 pairs of seasalt socks
- Bacchus 6 bottles of traditional ales
- Bopeepquilts An hour’s personal sewing tutition with the owner of Bopeepquilts. You choose what you want to learn.www.bopeepquilts.com
- Crickhowell Optometrists Anti glare lens application (usually £35)
- The Manor Hotel Soup and main meal
- The Nantyffin 12 hour pulled pork sandwich & trimmings with glass of wine
- Bridge Therapies: Jolander Sidler 20 minute neck & shoulder massage Tel: 07792 520884
- Bridge Therapies: Dr Richard Birch 20 minute accupuncture taster session Tel: 07758 507107
- Bridge Therapies: Sharon Ling 20 minute diet check-up. Tel: 07584 017654
- Bridge Therapies: Sue Cartlidge 20 minute taster session of gentle bodywork Tel: 07977 912092
- Number 18 Any sandwich, wrap or panini & a hot drink for 2 people.
- Tired Custard Handmade felt cloud and raindrops www.tiredcustard.com
- Tools For Self Reliance (Cymru) Sharpening of any 2 garden tools.
- Grenfell & Sons 2 bottles of Hardys Crest wine, (usually £10.99 each).
- Calon Lan Craft 2 paracord bracelets.
- Deb’s Kitchen Light lunch for 2 including cake & tea/coffee.
- Calida Hair & Beauty Ladies dry cut or gelish on hands.
- The Britannia Inn Nachos, salsa, cheese & dip (bbq, peri peri, sweet chilli) & any homemade pizza.
- Nicholls 2 Cath Kidson mugs from the Crush range.
- Webbs A pack of four pillar candles with a burn time of over 250 hours.
- Crickhowell Adventure Survival kit to include: Longtown Mountain Rescue calendar, glow stick, whistle & pack of coffee.
- Jehu’s 11/2 dozen local eggs + 2 jars of local honey.
- CRiC 2 Exclusive to CRiC mugs or a
- Crickhowell tea towel & a mug from the Exclusive to CRiC range.
- The Dragon Inn Sandwiches and a cream tea.
- Cag Rodwell Glass 1 glass tealight dish, assorted colours & designs (candle included). www.cagrodwellglass.co.uk
- Black Mountains Smokery Smoked chicken breast, oak-roasted salmon steak and oak-roasted trout fillet, collection from our smokery shop on Elvicta.
- Avenue Hair Do Either a full manicure, shellac nails or a cut & blow dry with Megan or Kaz.
- As You See It Productions Want to make great video with your smartphone or tablet? Get some top tips from a professional cameraman – Crickhowell TV’s Tim Jones
- Cashells A curry night pack or breakfast pack, (see in store for details).
- Ffolky Felt Two pairs of hand-felted boot insoles. www.ffolkyfelt.com
- All In A Spin Handmade drop spindle and 50g of carded and hand-dyed fleece from our very own sheep, (includes instructions for spinning).
- The Bear Hotel 2 course lunch between 12-2pm, (excludes Sundays).
- Twinkles And Ink: Twinkles Full manicure with polish,(normally £16).
- Twinkles And Ink: INK Starsign symbol(s) the size of a £2 coin, (normally £20).
- Crickhowell Post Office Any combination of Disney’s Frozen or Office Minions cups, beakers, lunchboxes, etc. to a value of £12
- Something About Candles Any candle, (usually £14). www.somethingaboutcandles.co.uk
- The Courtroom Café A filled jacket potato, cake & hot drink for 2 people.
- Bookish Any 2 Julia Donaldson paperbacks, (usually £6.99 each).
- Black Mountain Gold 12 pack of truffles, (usually £13.50).
- Kevin Walker Mountain Activities Try one of my new ‘Sunday constitutional’ walks for just £10 per person, (usually £20).
- Crickhowell Ironing Services 10% off when you spend £10 or over.
- Crickhowell Carpet Cleaning £10 off orders placed during the Tenner Trail.
- Crickhowell Cabs Crickhowell to Abergavenny or Abergavenny to Crickhowell for £10 per journey. Tel: 07545 948034
- Truly Holistic 30 minutes of wonderfully relaxing reflexology or a 20-minute Indian head massage.
- Tower Gallery 5 cards for £10