A delicious summer salad
- 2 pointed cabbages cut into long strips (or shredded in the food processor)
- 100g almonds
- 100g bunch of dill
- 500g frozen peas; defrosted but not cooked
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1tbsp runny honey
- 100ml vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- Rinse the cabbage strips thoroughly and set aside to drain.
- Roast the almonds in a moderate oven for 10 minutes or until they are lightly browned. Leave them to cool then chop them.
- Combine the chopped dill, cabbage, almonds and peas in a large salad bowl and toss.
- To make the dressing, stir together the lemon juice and honey, then slowly add the oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper and toss through the salad just before serving.
From Two Foodies, One Dog healthy recipes blog