Professional make-up artist, Nikki Poulton, talks us through her tips for Bridal make-up.
Every bride wants to look beautiful on her wedding day and the easiest and most stress-free way to do this is to hire a make-up artist. Then you can sit back and enjoy your preparation, knowing you’re in good hands. Here are my top five tips for getting the very best out of the experience:
- Plan ahead. Give yourself plenty of time to find a make-up artist. Check out their work and chat to them to make sure you feel comfortable with them.
- Do your research. Usually a wedding look is very natural, but if you have a specific look in mind, get pictures, get inspiration – anything that helps get your ideas across to your make-up artist.
- Get a trial. You should have a trial before the big day. Use this time to discuss your ideas and try them out. This is the chance for you to finalise your look before the big day, ensuring that on the day your make-up artist knows exactly what she’s doing and you know exactly what you’re getting.
- Take control. If you’re not happy with the look at your trial, tell your make-up artist. They are there to make you feel the best you possibly can, so if you are not happy with any element – tell them. They are professionals and will offer you guidance, but ultimately you have the final say. Make sure that you are happy at the end of the trial. If not, arrange another one.
- Don’t change your routine. Don’t be tempted by a facial the day before your wedding! Deal with any skin imperfections in plenty of time as this will make your make-up look better. If in doubt, see a professional, but try not to vary your routine less than two weeks before the wedding.