This recipe makes one large pie using a large flan or pie tin or 8 individual pies.
- 200g shortbread biscuits (1 pkt)
- 75g salted pretzels
- 180g melted butter
- 300g condensed milk (can of condensed milk, completely covered by water in a saucepan and simmered for 2 hours)
- 2 large bananas
- 200ml whipping cream.
- Prepare the condensed milk as described above to make a caramel sauce.
- Place the shortbread biscuits and salted pretzels in a food processor and whizz up to make a crumble and tip into a mixing bowl.
- Add the melted butter and mix until well combined.
- Spoon into greased tin/moulds pressing down with the back of a spoon to make a firm base.
- Spread over the contents of the caramel sauce.
- Slice the bananas and arrange in circles on top of the caramel sauce.
- Whip the cream and spread over the top of the bananas. Sprinkle with grated chocolate or cocoa powder if desired.
- Place in the fridge and leave for 12 hours